Monday, January 7, 2013

Ummm, it has been awhile…

Wow.

The last time I posted on this blog was in September of 2010.  I really didn’t realize it had been that long.  The purpose of this blog (when I started it) was to share our lives with our family and friends living far away from us.  We moved from Michigan to Arkansas in September of 2009.  And many of you know reading this…we moved from Arkansas back to Michigan in September of 2011.  Two years we had planned on being in Arkansas and two years we were.

Much has happened since we moved back to Michigan.  We rented a home while we waited to close on the short sale of our new one, we moved into our new home, Sam and Sabrina started kindergarten this past fall (2012) and other general craziness in our lives.  It feels like we are finally getting settled.  We planning on staying in Michigan and our new home for quite some time.

I have a lot of catching up to do.  But first, I might as well share why I am doing this at all.  We’ve had a crazy year with moving and other things going on in our life.  While working on calendars for Christmas gifts I realized I had not picked up my camera as much as I thought in the past year.  Months went by without me ever taking a picture.  Sure, we had a busy year.  Sure, I took pictures with my phone.  But this made me realize I needed to pick up my camera again.

I used to love taking “everyday” pictures of the kids.  Sam playing with his cars or trains.  Sabrina dressing up, reading, or playing with her Barbies.  Simple, non posed photographs that capture the little moments.  Moments that I will forget…

And so, I am starting a new project.  I know that I will not be able to document or blog every single day, but if I can even capture a few pictures a week that capture our world I will be happy with that.

I’m a little rusty with my camera, but here goes…

dil1

dil2

dil4

dil3

2 comments:

  1. I realized the same thing this year!! And my phone is packed with pics but they suck. THanks for the inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know...I was waaaaay too guilty of using my phone and leaving my camera at home. :(

    ReplyDelete